Basics on Home Hospital
We find that with the ever changing counseling, site, and district-level staff, there is information that needs to be shared with the sites in order to maximize the ...more
Home Hospital Checklist
DOES THIS STUDENT QUALIFY FOR HOME INSTRUCTION?
- Temporary, short-term disability with established return-to-school date. Examples are broken limbs, hand injuries, recovering from surgeries, concussions.
- Student will be absent from school from 3-6 weeks from the date the Request for Home Teacher is submitted. This does not include the days the student has been absent prior to the submission of the Request.
- The doctor has completed the medical portion of the Request for Home Teacher form or attached a letter with clear instructions for home teaching and a firm return-to school date.
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THE FOLLOWING ALTERNATIVES TO HOME HOSPITAL?
- Modified school day (shortened day, late start, early dismissal, etc.)
- Physical accommodations such as elevator access
- Reduction of course load (change of AP to regular class, dropping non-academic classes)
- Site level assessment such as a 504 Plan
- Concurrent enrollment
- Transfer to Venture